Real Life ALC is primarily supported through the tuition paid by its families. In determining our tuition process, we’ve focused on a few important ideas — trust, access, and responsibility.
The culture of an ALC is rooted in trust. We are committed to developing relationships of trust with students, among the facilitators, and certainly with our families.
Real Life ALC Tampa seeks to be available to people based on right fit, not income level, so we offer tuition fees on a sliding scale. By trusting families to be generous and reasonable we increase our accessibility.
As we grow, we try to balance accessibility with sustainability. We are always looking at our tuition process to make sure we’re being responsible to our current families and to the future health of the school.
Below is our tuition slider, designed to help you gauge your recommended annual tuition amount. Please note that the slider is best viewed on a full screen and does not view properly on a mobile phone screen.
Here’s how we determine the annual tuition each family pays:
- Slide the total family income* marker (above) around to see what our recommended tuition level is for various income levels. Currently, the minimum tuition recommendation for 5 days a week is $2,100 and the maximum is $10,500. Annual tuition covers attendance from August to June. We ask families who are able to pay more than the full tuition to consider making a tax deductible donation to help us increase our accessibility. *Total family income is all gross income sources including but not limited to: salary, child support, support from family members, trusts, etc.
- Consider the recommendation you get from the tuition tool and see if that can work for your family.
- Can you pay more? If so, consider offering more than the recommendation, or making a tax deductible donation.
- Can you afford it?
- Using the recommendation from the sliding scale above, propose a tuition rate that is realistic for you to be able to pay by clicking here to fill out our Tuition Worksheet.
- Our Finance Group reviews proposals to determine if the school has openings available at that level of payment.
- If your proposal is accepted, you’re all set to enroll.
- If your proposal was NOT accepted, you can make another proposal to qualify for openings at a higher payment level.
We do offer shorter school weeks this semester (1 to 4 days instead of all 5), which have a different tuition structure, and sibling discounts (20% off 2nd child and 25% off the third and others). We also offer a 5% discount for paying a semester up front, and a 10% discount for paying the year up front.
Annual tuition is divided into 10 monthly installments, payable from August/September to May/June. Upon acceptance for admission, parents/guardians will be required to submit a payment of the first and the last month’s tuition (or a lump sum if paying semester/year up front) prior to the student’s first day of school.